Are you looking for a holiday villa in the French Dordogne, close to Sarlat and the famous caves of Lascaux? A large holiday home for 2 families with plenty of privacy and a magnificent view? Villa Marquay is the place! Enjoy all the facilities that this 3-hectare site has to offer, as well as the private swimming pool and stunning nature!
Villa Marquay is a lovely holiday home with 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and space for up to 8 people. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spread over 2 floors. This makes the villa ideal for two families or for a holiday with your parents (-in-law). The bright living room flows into the dining room and offers direct access to the outside in 3 places. From your covered terrace, you’ll have panoramic views of the hilly green surroundings. After returning from the market at Sarlat or Salignac-Eyvigues with bags of shopping filled with foie gras and other Dordogne specialities, you can sample the delicacies of Périgordine cuisine with your friends and family. Sit down, open a bottle of wine, relax and start preparing for a cosy barbecue with the whole family. Both younger and slightly older children can play undisturbed (outside) and will have a great time with the football table, the large lawn and of course the extremely large swimming pool with diving board!
Don’t feel like cooking? You’ll find several restaurants that are more than worth discovering in the local vicinity. And don’t forget to explore the heart of the Perigord Noir, a region with the best this interesting and versatile area has to offer, such as historic caves, medieval towns, beautiful castles, world-class gastronomy, canoeing, cycling and hiking.
HOLIDAY IN SARLAT
A villa with complete privacy
Are you looking for a holiday villa near Sarlat for sharing unforgettable moments with your family, relatives or friends? Villa Marquay is the perfect place for a group of up to 8 people! Here’s a little taster...
WE LIVE HERE AND
WE LOVE TO HELP
Ground floorEntrance hall with desk.
Laundry room with washing machine and dryer, extra refrigerator and sink.
Open living room/kitchen with 3 doors of which 1 to the back terrace with bbq.
Bedroom 1: 2x single bed (0.90x2.00).
Bedroom 2: 1x double bed (1.80x2.00) with washbasin.
Bedroom 3: 1x double bed (1.80x2.00).
Bathroom with shower, bath, double washbasin.
First floorBedroom 4: 2x single bed (0.90x2.00).
Bedroom 5: 1x double bed (1.60x2.00).
Bedroom 6: 1x double bed (1.60x2.00).
Bathroom with shower, single washbasin, washing machine, dryer.
OutsideLong driveway and carport for 3 cars.
Lovely heated swimming pool (14 x 6 m) with salt water installation, diving board, fence, outdoor shower, sun loungers and parasols.
Separate children's pool (2 x 2.5 m) with fence.
Pool house with a spacious 6 person sauna, table football and bathroom with shower and toilet.
Covered area by the pool with seating and sun loungers.
The house has several terraces with dining facilities and a barbecue.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 3 (of which 1 in the pool house)
- Floors: 2
- Living area: 160 + 80 m2
- Property: 3 hectares
- Heating: floor + fire place
- Airconditioning: 2x mobile air conditioners for the bedrooms (1 upstairs and 1 downstairs)
- Smart TV
- DVD player
- Bluetooth musicbox
- Not allowed
- Hob: electric
- Fridge/freezer (2x)
- Washing machine
- Coffee machine: filter, Nespresso
- Ice cube maker
- Barbecue (charcoal)
- Dining facilities at the front and rear terraces (both covered)
- Covered terrace by pool house
- Pool house with beautiful sauna (6 persons), table football and bathroom with shower and toilet
- Size: 14 m x 6 m
- Depth: from 1.20 to 2.40 m
- Heated: yes
- Additional children's pool 2 x 2.50 m
- Security: lockable gate (1.10 m high) + alarm
- Sun loungers
- Covered terrace by pool house
- Outside shower
- Diving board
- Private: yes
- Babybed: yes
- High chair: yes (2x)
- Changing and nursing table
- Table football
- Bakery: Marquay (2,5km)
- Supermarket: large Carrefour in Sarlat (11 km) and small in Marquay
- Restaurant(s): many, large choice
- Sarlat - one of the most beautiful medieval ensembles in Europe (11km), Les Eyzies - prehistory and canoe (13km), Beynac - chateau + river Dordogne (17km), Montignac - caves of Lascaux (19km), Domme - beautiful fortified town (23km), La Roque Gageac - is one of the most beautiful villages in France, situated against a huge limestone cliff (21km), Castelnaud - chateau (25km)
- Airport Bergerac: 65km
Price per week
|29/04/2023 - 01/07/2023||€ 1950|
|01/07/2023 - 26/08/2023||€ 2350|
|26/08/2023 - 23/09/2023||€ 1950|
- Refundable security deposit: € 750
- Bookings run from Saturday 5:00pm to Saturday 09:00am
- Bookings include gas, electricity, water, bedlinen and towels (including pool towels)
- Bookings include: 800 kWh electricity per week, after that € 0,25 per kWh
- The capacity is expandable up to 10 people. High season: per person/week € 250 and the other seasons per person/week € 200
- On request intermediate cleaning (kitchen/toilets/beds/towels): € 90
- Heated swimming pool from June to August (an additional charge of € 100/week applies in April, May, September and October)
- Weekly pool servicing
- Final cleaning: € 180 (mandatory)
- Tourist tax: € 2,35 per adulte/night. This will be deducted from the deposit.
Cancellation done: over 42 days prior: 30% of the total rental fee (security deposit to be returned)
Cancellation done: 29-42 days inclusive prior: 50% of the total rental fee (security deposit to be returned)
Cancellation done: 0-28 days inclusive prior: 100% of the total rental fee (security deposit to be returned)
Translated from Dutch - August
This is a fantastic holiday home with lots of space, a very well kept garden and a great pool! Everything is clean and well maintained, the contact with the owner was very pleasant. We enjoyed the location because of its proximity to, among others, Sarlat, numerous castles and the prehistoric caves. At the villa you are surrounded by the green, hilly nature. And the sunset offered each time an unforgettable spectacle. In short: a must!
OUR TIPS FOR THE AREA
This property lies in the Périgord Noir; with Sarlat as its shining centre. It is a beatiful area with many tourist attractions. We have visited most of the Dordogne tips together with our children.
Don't miss our Dordogne map lower on the page with helpfull suggestions. You can also look at our Dordogne page for even more fun activities. No time to plan outings? Let Wendy help...